Re: need test run on Mac

From: c.
Subject: Re: need test run on Mac
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 01:51:13 +0100

On 27 Feb 2014, at 22:16, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fedora 20 (x96_64) octave-3.8.1-rc4 with ACML library:
>
> LD_PRELOAD=/opt/acml5.3.1/gfortran64_fma4_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so octave --no-gui
> GNU Octave, version 3.8.1-rc4
> Copyright (C) 2013 John W. Eaton and others.
> This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
> There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type 'warranty'.
>
> Octave was configured for "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
>
> Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.
>
> Please contribute if you find this software useful.
> For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/get-involved.html
>
> Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.
> For information about changes from previous versions, type 'news'.
>
> octave:1> a=randn(4000);
> octave:2> tic; inv(a)*a; toc
> Elapsed time is 5.36305 seconds.
> octave:3> y = zeros(1,25);
> octave:4> u = ones(1,25);
> octave:5> tsam = 0.1;
> octave:6> data = iddata(y,u,tsam);
> warning: iddata: more outputs than samples - matrice 'y' should probably be
> transposed
> warning: iddata: more inputs than samples - matrice 'u' should probably be
> transposed
> octave:7> n4sid(data,1);
>  ** ACML error: on entry to IB01AD parameter number  7 had an illegal value
> (octave dies and returns to bash prompt)
>
> (Works normal with the reference Blas).
>
> So it looks like the problem is with Mac blas library

Sorry, I think I might have misinterpreted your post, because
I don't fully follow your logic here:

you showed you can reproduce the same issue on a different
system with a different BLAS implementation than either me or Lukas,
and you conclude that the problem is Mac specific?

I probably am missing something, could you elaborate more?

BTW, it seems Lukas is using the reference BLAS implementation
while I am using ATLAS from MacPorts built with gcc4.7.

> Dmitri.

c.