Re: GSoC 2014 | CUDA

From: Faiz Kothari
Subject: Re: GSoC 2014 | CUDA
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 10:34:58 +0530

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 10:16 AM, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> it is therefore very important to have a free implementation of a GPU
>> runtime.
>

> Hi Jordi,
>
> There is an open source implementation for Intel GPUs (may need a recent
> system having Intel IvyBridge GPU). Need to build packages manually but free
> OpenCL runtime is available for developers. In that case I guess there is no
> blocker to start this project. What do you feel?

I looked up on the internet, and cannot find the license. All that
comes up is OpenCL LOGO License. I am pretty sure that is not what we
need.
Wikipedia (though not an authentic source), shows license unspecified.
I am not sure how GPL compatible it is.

Thanks and regards,
Faiz Kothari