Re: How do I submit new functions?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: How do I submit new functions?
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:10:23 +0100

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Sandeep <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have created new Geodesy functions for Mapping toolbox. These functions
> are based on the algorithms in
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/44848-geod-yet-another-geodetic-toolbox
> The creator of this toolbox has commented on the wiki page of Mapping
> package agreeing to allow the use of his code in creating new functions. I
> want octave-forge account to submit these files. My sourceforge username is
> sunnyv.
>
> PS: I do not have sufficient knowledge of the Mapping toolbox and therefore
> I am unable to test these functions. I have implemented the algorithms in a
> fashion similar to matlab so that compatibility is maintained.
>
> Sincerely,
> Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

Before being able to submit to source-forge you can just fork the
mapping toolbox repository and make sure it works on your machine
locally. Once you have a working package then you can ask fro OF
account so you can maintain the package...remember, if you want to be
part of OF you commit to maintain your codes and other code you can.

If this is just a one time commit, then use Agora
http://agora.octave.org/