Re: [FORGE odepkg] Update, deprecation and FORTRAN warnings

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: [FORGE odepkg] Update, deprecation and FORTRAN warnings
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 16:33:25 -0500

On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 15:18:23 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 03/02/2014 03:01 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
>
> >However I am getting several warnings on the FORTRAN code of this
> >kind:
> >
> >daskr/ddaskr.f:1954.20:
> >
> >      *   RWORK(LRX),JROOT,IRT,RWORK(LROUND),INFO(3),
> >                     1
> >Warning: Rank mismatch in argument 'jroot' at (1) (rank-1 and scalar)
>
> That happens because JROOT is declared as a scalar argument but used
> as an array.  You can fix it by adding a dimension statement like
>
>       DIMENSION JROOT(*)
>
> along with the other declarations for the subroutine parameters.  In
> the copy of ddaskr that I looked at, there were some declarations like
> this for JROOT, but it was missing in at least one subroutine.

The attached patch fixes the warnings for me. It's unfortunate that
these libraries have to be patched at build-time with patch files
maintained in version control, perhaps we can do this a different way?
Nevertheless, attached changeset updates the patch files for the cash
and daskr libraries.

--
mike