Re: [FORGE odepkg] Update, deprecation and FORTRAN warnings

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: [FORGE odepkg] Update, deprecation and FORTRAN warnings
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 00:11:57 +0100

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 10:37 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2 Mar 2014, at 21:01, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have just updated odepkg to use octave_scalar_map instead of the
>> deprecated Octave_map and correspodnig methods.
>>
>> Also, odepkg has several auxiliary functions that were necessary at
>> the time it was written but now are part of the libinterp core
>> functions. I detected one that is not necessary anymore and remove it,
>> as well as all the corresponding calls.
>>
>> odepkg_auxiliary_getmapvalue (string key, octave_map map);
>>
>> was replaced with
>>
>> map.contents(key);
>>
>> The package now compiles without warnings or errors in the C++ code,
>> However I am getting several warnings on the FORTRAN code of this
>> kind:
>>
>> daskr/ddaskr.f:1954.20:
>>
>>     *   RWORK(LRX),JROOT,IRT,RWORK(LROUND),INFO(3),
>>                    1
>> Warning: Rank mismatch in argument 'jroot' at (1) (rank-1 and scalar)
>>
>> Anybody knows how to fix those warnings? I knew FORTRAN but I have
>> happily forgotten all about it ;)
>
> Juan Pablo,
>
> There has been a lot of work on odepkg
> done by Roberto Porcu' during the SoCIS
> project and I've not yet had time to merge
> into the main repo.
>
> Roberto's code is here:
> https://bitbucket.org/robs88/octave-odepkg/src
>
> I don't think your changes are in conflict
> with those, but could you please check?
>
> c.

I will clone that repo and try to apply the changes to it. If it works
then we should immediately merge.
It seems they haven't touch the .f files and I can't see big changes
on the .cc interfaces. Si in principle there should be no collision,
maybe more replacements to be done of the deprecated auxiliary
function.