Adjacency Matrix Library Project for Google Summer of Code

From: David Spies
Subject: Adjacency Matrix Library Project for Google Summer of Code
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 16:52:29 -0700

Hello,
My name is David Spies.  I'm a Masters student in CS at the University of Alberta.

I just pulled Octave from the mercurial repository and I noticed the message about Google Summer of Code.  I'm very interested in participating.

Particularly, I would really like to work on building a library of sparse matrix operations tailored towards graph operations on adjacency matrices (including directed, undirected, weighted, and unweighted graphs).  I imagine the library itself would mostly be written in octave code, but I would still frequently need to work in C++ to add or improve support for the underlying sparse matrix operations the library would require.

Would this be a suitable project?

Thank you,
David

PS: I've attached an octave function for finding the set of all maximal cliques on an undirected graph as an example of the sort of thing I'm thinking of.