[Patch] fem-fenics patches

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: [Patch] fem-fenics patches
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 12:16:27 +0100

Hi!

Here are two patches I propose for fem-fenics (I hope this is the
correct list to send them to).  One avoids to create the @function and
@mesh directories if they are already present, since "make" fails for me
when the directories are already there, and I have to manually remove
them for re-building.  Not sure if this is the correct way to do things,
though, as I have no experience how packages "should" be built.

The main patch extends feval for fem-fenics functions such that it
(optionally!) supports the more feval-like calling convention

  feval (FUNC, X, Y)
  feval (FUNC, X, Y, Z)

instead of

  feval (FUNC, [X, Y, Z])

for the coordinate.  In addition, if the function returns a scalar
value, the new signature can also be used with array-valued X, Y and Z
to evaluate the function at multiple points at once.  I tried to
document this also in the help string.

What do you think about these patches?

Yours,
Daniel