Re: [Patch] fem-fenics patches

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: Re: [Patch] fem-fenics patches
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 12:22:11 +0000

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

On 2014-03-04 12:37, Marco Vassallo wrote:
>     The main patch extends feval for fem-fenics functions such that it
>     (optionally!) supports the more feval-like calling convention
>
>       feval (FUNC, X, Y)
>       feval (FUNC, X, Y, Z)
>
>     instead of
>
>       feval (FUNC, [X, Y, Z])
>
>     for the coordinate.  In addition, if the function returns a scalar
>     value, the new signature can also be used with array-valued X, Y and Z
>     to evaluate the function at multiple points at once.  I tried to
>     document this also in the help string.
>
>     What do you think about these patches?
>

> I don't know if you can push them directly in the repository so that it
> is easier to understand what
> the functions are doing or if I have to do it. You can just try to do a
> push and see what happens?

I don't think I have push access, someone would probably need to add me
to the Sourceforge project (but I also don't want to directly push to a
repository for which I'm no long-time developer).  I have copyright
assignments for Octave on file, in case that matters also for Octave-Forge.

Sorry I was thinking that you could submit changes like in github even if you
don't have write access.

I've attached my modified source file so that one can read the code more
easily, though.  Hope this helps!

Yes thanks it is easier now. I've just pushed the two patches you submitted.
I wait for the problem with the configure.ac file to be fixed and then I prepare a new release.
Thanks for your help.

Marco

Yours,
Daniel