X protocol errors

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: X protocol errors
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:36:47 -0500

I've been getting some complaints about X protocol errors that look like this:

  Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
    Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
    Resource id:  0x0
  Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
    Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
    Resource id:  0x0
  Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
    Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
    Resource id:  0x0
  Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
    Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
    Resource id:  0x0

I believe they are happening when the Octave GUI (3.8.0) is running on
a remote system (local X DISPLAY).

Does anyone else see errors like this when running the Octave GUI?

I remember being able to reproduce this in the past, and then I
thought I fixed the problem but I can't remember what the fix was (I
really should have written that down).  I think it was related to
icons for dockable widgets, but I can't remember for sure now.