Re: Gsoc 2014 Project Idea

From: fgnievinski
Subject: Re: Gsoc 2014 Project Idea
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 23:11:55 -0800 (PST)

rahulanand wrote
> Hello,My name is Rahul Anand and I am a third year undergraduate at
> the IIIT Hyderabad .I was going through the projects listed on ideas page
> and i found the project of improvement to N Dimensional image processing.
> I have good knowledge and experience in C,C++ and Matlab.
>
> As a starting point i have already installed and set up octave on my
> system.
> Currently i am learning more about N Dimensional image and one thing which
> came up frequently is n-Sift i.e Sift features for N Dimensional Image and
> this has huge implications for the Medical Image Classification.
> Link to paper http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~hamarneh/ecopy/isbi2007b.pdf.
>
> I also have been looking at how output of octave and matlab differ or are
> similar for  same functions in case of N Dimensional image.
>
> Can you guide me further with my idea ?
> Thank you for your time,
>
> --
> Rahul Anand Sharma,
> CSD,
> IIIT Hyderabad

Dear Rahul,

Great to hear from you. It's always good to have new contributors.

Please read carefully this section:
<http://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_Project_Ideas#Steps_Toward_a_Successful_Application>
to find out what is expected from GSoC applicants.

It's good that you already have some experience in C++ and the Octave/Matlab
scripting language.

You mentioned interest in "N-Dimensional image processing":
<http://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_Project_Ideas#Improvements_to_N-dimensional_image_processing>
Please let us know if you have more specific questions about it.

Meanwhile, it's recommended you try one of the very short projects available
at:
<http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects>

After that, you could demonstrate your debugging skills tackling a less
trivial bug:
<http:savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave>

Please don't hesitate to ask for help, here or on the IRC:
<http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=octave>

Best regards,
-Felipe.