Re: Added new functions to the mapping package

From: Sandeep
Subject: Re: Added new functions to the mapping package
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 00:31:24 +0530

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I am testing the code right now and I will definitely implement all them all as soon as possible.

Sandeep.

On 5 March 2014 20:44, Felipe G. Nievinski <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks a lot for your contribution, Sandeep!

A couple -- more like a handful -- of comments:
- tests: did you try to run them, by entering, e.g., "test geodetic2ecef", in the command line?  did it pass, did it fail?  see <https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Test-Functions.html>
- can you make a one centralized script calling all those tests?  I'm not sure if there's a standard filename -- please take a look at the other O-F packages to see how they do this
- this block repeats so often that it deserves to be split as a separate function:
+    if nargin<5 || strcmpi(angleut,'degree')
+    sinfun = @sind;
+    cosfun = @cosd;
+    elseif strcmpi(angleut,'radian')
+    sinfun = @sin;
+    cosfun = @cos;
+    else
+    disperror('Unknown: %s input argument for units',angleut);
+    end
- please always use identation, which is lacking in the block above
- does function disperror exist? I normally use error
- please use error identifiers, not just an error message, when throwing an error
- please investigate whether the "ellipsoid" argument to functions such as ecef2geodetic conforms to whatever matlab uses (I use a structure, it seems they use a vector?);

Would you please address each comment above separately.

Other students, feel free to give Sandeep a hand!  This is supposed to be a collaborative effort.

Thanks,
-Felipe.