Re: "Official" binary release for Windows

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: "Official" binary release for Windows
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 19:10:47 -0500

On 03/07/2014 06:08 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Message: 3
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:21:01 -0500
From: "John W. Eaton"<address@hidden>
Subject: "Official" binary release for Windows

I'd like to start making the Windows installer available from
ftp.gnu.org.  Is it ready for that now?  Or are there some significant
problems that need to be fixed before we should make "official" releases?

jwe

I havent had any issues recently with the build except with gcc.

I had added a readme html file for the install that may want to be looked at / modified prior to distribution, depending on what is distributed or not.

Would it also make sense to list in it all the packages that are known to work and compile in windows ?