Re: pkg / PKG_ADD / arch-dependent

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: pkg / PKG_ADD / arch-dependent
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 14:28:28 +0100

On 08/03/2014 11:03, c. wrote:
On 8 Mar 2014, at 10:45, Julien Bect<address@hidden>  wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>Is there any reason why the PKG_ADD/PKG_DEL scripts located at the root of a package
source (.tar.gz) should end up being moved to the arch-dependent subdirectory after
installation with "pkg install" ?

>Because this is the behaviour that I currently observe while trying to create
my first octave package (Octave 3.8.1 / Ubutu 13.04).

>The documentation here :
>
>http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Creating-Packages.html
>
>doesn't say explicitely where PKG_ADD will be, just that it is "run when the
package is added to the users path".

>Does it mean that no assumption should be made about its location ?
Actually I don't like this behaviour either and I don't see a good
reason for it.

Would you like to wor together to define a more useful behaviour?

I only have a very recent and limited experience with Octave's packaging system, but I'd be glad to help if I can.