Re: "Official" binary release for Windows

From: John D
Subject: Re: "Official" binary release for Windows
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 13:10:21 -0500

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 02:33:35 -0800 (PST)
From: Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

John W. Eaton wrote
> I'd like to start making the Windows installer available from
> ftp.gnu.org.  Is it ready for that now?  Or are there some significant
> problems that need to be fixed before we should make "official" releases?

"Problems" may me too heavy a term, but there are a few little glitches.

For my own 3.8.1 cross-built binary I did the following to make it usable
for me:

- Add a "--with-x=no" flag to the configure options in src/stable-octave.mk
(& src/octave.mk) to ensure gl2ps is included in the build (had to do it
even with latest mxe-octave checkout) (thanks John D for the hint)

For in case you want to include OF packages, I mention a few fixes I added
for my own case:

- Fix a missing right ")" at the end of L.30 of
share/....../linear-algebra/@kronprod/iscomplex.m (bug #40578, has been
fixed by you, but no new pkg release has been made yet), + related fixes
(SHA1 checksum) in src/linear-algebra.mk

- Comment out the pkg install line for the tsa package (which is currently
broken)

- Add a few lines at bottom of build_packages to avoid automatic loading of
actuarial, control, dicom, fl-core and quaternion packages (apparently these
have the "Autoload" flag in the DESCRIPTION file set to "yes") pkg rebuild
-noauto actuarial control dicom fl-core quaternion pkg unload all

- (Just my own preference) Add a line to auto-load some packages:
pkg rebuild -auto general io linear-algebra windows pkg load auto

- Carn? just made a new image package release. Could be included as well.

For myself I also include a number of Java class libs (.jar files) for
spreadsheet I/O.
On a site like ftp.gnu.org I suppose this is less appropriate (some of those
Java class libs have GPL, some have Apache licenses).

Philip

--

Phillip,

TSA builds for me - what happens if you try to build it?