[GSoC 2014] Improving logm, sqrtm and funm functions

From: AsmaA
Subject: [GSoC 2014] Improving logm, sqrtm and funm functions
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 16:57:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would like to work on improving logm, sqrtm and funm functions for GSoC
2014.

I have created a user page wiki.octave.org/User:AsmaA

And I'm studying the implementation specific details of each function.

I have also gone through previous forum posts about logm robustness and
limitations of funm handling diagonalizable matrices only.

However, I note that the forum posts relevant to logm/sqrtm/funm are a bit
dated (before 2010).

I'd like to request senior members in the community and possible mentors to
provide a little update on the state of work needed on these functions.

Thank-you

Kind Regards
Asma Afzal