Re: close down savannah patches?

From: David Spies
Subject: Re: close down savannah patches?
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 19:00:16 -0600

Alright, here it is again:

This time in patches (and I fixed a bug where my code would crash if given an invalid nargout value)

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?8386

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM, David Spies <address@hidden> wrote:
Ok, I'll re-post in patches in a couple minutes.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:
On 03/09/2014 07:28 PM, fgnievinski wrote:
if patches are to be submitted through savannah bugs,
closing down savannah patches would avoid confusion.
otherwise could you please clarify their roles.
Thanks,
-F.

Bugs -- Bug reports and submitted patches to fix those bugs.

Patches -- Longer term development, e.g., new features, redoing something fragile, stuff that requires a lot of thought, may not make the grade after review and test.  It's items that really wouldn't be considered bugs but more like a work in progress.

The balance is typically more bug reports than patch reports.  Patches for bugs are typically small.  Patches for catch-all "patches" are typically large.  Relatively speaking.

Dan