Re: [Gsoc 2014] Creating a code sharing website for Octave [Replacing Ag

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: [Gsoc 2014] Creating a code sharing website for Octave [Replacing Agora]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:32:52 +0000

On 09/03/2014 16:48, c. wrote:

On 9 Mar 2014, at 17:29, oswalpalash <address@hidden> wrote:

Actually I didn't get it. Could you elaborate? Actually what I recall is
that VHS won the battle against Sony, right?

I meant that as an example of the fact that having a better designed product
is useless if nobody is actually using it.

c.

Is Agora actually ready for action?

On the front page for instance it still states under "Post a snippet":

"Just want to post a quick snippet of code? Do it in the pastebin. You don't even have to be registered. Though we'd need some sort of spam-protection measures in that case. Plus, syntax highlighting!"

The "Though we'd need some sort of spam-protection measures in that case." implies it's still a work-in-progress

There's also:

"Some more text just to fill up the space. Lorem ipsum, etc."

"More text to fill up line. "

so maybe people don't actually know it's fully operational and think it's still in development?

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.