Re: New Geodesy functions to Mapping Package

From: sunnyv
Subject: Re: New Geodesy functions to Mapping Package
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:41:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Felipe,
I have submitted another update in which ecef2geodetic accepts multiple
point inputs.
link: https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?8377
With your code, the problem I have faced in ecef2geodetic were:
1. Jones and Vectorized jones methods gave a substantially different output
to its matlab counter part for the few random inputs that I took.
2. Classical geodetic method caused octave to crash. This method took
forever to compute the result and made octave non responsive.

I am implementing tests in my code and I will submit it by the end of this
week. Also, I have done this work only to demonstrate my capability to work
on Octave development. I would like to complete the entire Mapping package,
if it qualifies as  large enough project for GSoC.

Sincerely,
Sandeep.