Re: X protocol errors

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: X protocol errors
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 01:43:53 -0400

On 03/12/2014 11:28 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 15:10:06 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
I'm not familiar with Xvnc and I'm still unable to duplicate this
error.  Would you be able to run Octave with gdb and get a stack
trace at the point of the error, or find out exactly what pixmap is
missing?

Well, it's not very clear to me, but here's an example stack trace when
I see the error under Xvnc when every menu bar menu or context menu is
first opened. I could try to compare the state of the QMenu::popup calls
from each of the enviroments to see what is different. I suppose it
could also be related to running a different window manager under Xvnc,
I didn't think of that until now. I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

It seems like this might be related to icons missing somehow.

Are any icons missing from the menus?  For example, the Edit menu
should have icons for the undo, copy, and paste menu entries.  Are
they displayed correctly?