Re: Fwd: 3.8 -> 4.0 transition plans

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: Fwd: 3.8 -> 4.0 transition plans
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 15:36:38 +0100

On 14/03/2014 15:22, Pascal Dupuis wrote:

Pascal,
cygwin has no java package/programs.

As such, interaction from other windows version of java is NOT supposed to
work.
Please skip detection defining a restricted PATH with only cygwin binaries.

Hello Marco,

I know :-) I'm trying to interface directly to the Windows version of
JRE/JDK. Withouyt trying we can not tell weither or not this works.

Regards

Pascal

Sorry Pascal,
it will not work.
Cygwin and Widows Java have not compatible expectation/behaviour.

If you need Java, you need to use the Mingw or MSVC build.

Regards
Marco