Re: X protocol errors

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: X protocol errors
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:25:02 -0400

On 03/14/2014 11:21 AM, Mike Miller wrote:

IMHO the best option would be to send GUI stderr to the stderr of the
calling process, the terminal or the desktop environment that launched
the GUI, separate from stderr of the Octave interpreter which is the
command window. If it is possible to hang on to the original stderr
file descriptor and use that for printing GUI errors from this error
handler, I think that would be a huge improvement.

Ah, yeah, good idea. How about the attached patch? It seems to work for me to redirect qWarning messages that I inserted for testing. We could make this more sophisticated if needed, but this seems good enough for me. Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,