Re: GSOC'14 Looking for mentor

From: fgnievinski
Subject: Re: GSOC'14 Looking for mentor
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 13:40:32 -0700 (PDT)

Also, I think you need to demonstrate more clearly that you are proficient in
the Octave development process.  You have already submitted patch #8377, but
it won't be integrated before it follows the Octave coding guidelines;
besides, it lacks the tests.  May I suggest you leave those several mapping
functions for Week 0 of GSoC.  For now, could you please pick one or two
bugs reported in Savannah and submit a Mercurial changeset that could be
readily applied by the maintainers.  Bonus points if you pick one .m file
plus one .c or .cpp file.
<http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects#Prepare_a_changeset>
<http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects#Miscellaneous>
Mentioning such submissions will certainly strengthen your application.
Thanks,
-F.