Re: Qucs and GSoC

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Qucs and GSoC
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:16:59 +0100

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 1:27 AM, John Wamba <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all, my name is John Wamba and I am a Computer Engineering student at
> Cal Poly Pomona.  I am interested in participation in the Google summer of
> code with Octave.  I am particularly interested in the Qucs circuit
> simulator package.  I have a few questions about the application process,
> first I would like to know how I would demonstrate that I have successfully
> compiled octave on my computer?  I am running openSUSE 13.1 and have Octave
> installed from my distro's repository (version 3.6.4) and compiled the
> version from the mercurial repository (version 4.1.0) to a specific
> directory.  Can I just take a screen shot of the two separate versions
> running side by side and submit that with my application?  Also, I would
> like to have some feedback on my public application at
> http://wiki.octave.org/User:Jwamba to help me submit a successful
> application.  Any help or feedback will be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you
> ~John Wamba

Hi John,

We take your word that you have compiled Octave, we are all adult people here.
What would e awesome is that you try to work on some short project,
submit patches and that we can look at your code.
http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects
http://wiki.octave.org/Projects
http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas