Re: Qucs and GSoC

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: Qucs and GSoC
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 16:17:45 +0000

On 18/03/2014 00:27, John Wamba wrote:
Hello all, my name is John Wamba and I am a Computer Engineering student
at Cal Poly Pomona.  I am interested in participation in the Google
summer of code with Octave.  I am particularly interested in the Qucs
circuit simulator package.  I have a few questions about the application
process, first I would like to know how I would demonstrate that I have
successfully compiled octave on my computer?  I am running openSUSE 13.1
and have Octave installed from my distro's repository (version 3.6.4)
and compiled the version from the mercurial repository (version 4.1.0)
to a specific directory.  Can I just take a screen shot of the two
separate versions running side by side and submit that with my
application?  Also, I would like to have some feedback on my public
application at http://wiki.octave.org/User:Jwamba to help me submit a
successful application.  Any help or feedback will be much appreciated.

Thank you
~John Wamba

Hi John,

I am the writer of the Qucs proposal.

Due to a recent change in my work commitments it seems I simply won't be able to definitely commit the time required for being a mentor this year when GScC actually starts. This is unfortunate as I would really have liked to get this work done on the project.

If you can find someone else who could act as the main mentor I could act as backup, but I don't think anyone else will have the same interest in the project as me. Most of the time I am likely to be able to provide the level of support needed, but if things go wrong or there are problems I can no longer say I will definitely be available for help during the entire project.

Apologies for this,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.