Re: "Official" binary release for Windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: "Official" binary release for Windows
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 05:05:06 +0900 (JST)

--- On Wed, 2014/3/19, John W. Eaton  wrote:

> On 03/07/2014 07:10 PM, John Donoghue wrote:
> > On 03/07/2014 06:08 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> >> Message: 3
> >> Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:21:01 -0500
> >> From: "John W. Eaton"<address@hidden>
> >> Subject: "Official" binary release for Windows
> >>
> >> I'd like to start making the Windows installer available from
> >> ftp.gnu.org.  Is it ready for that now?  Or are there some significant
> >> problems that need to be fixed before we should make "official" releases?
> >>
> >> jwe
> >
> > I havent had any issues recently with the build except with gcc.
> >
> > I had added a readme html file for the install that may want to be
> > looked at / modified prior to distribution, depending on what is
> > distributed or not.
> >
> > Would it also make sense to list in it all the packages that are known
> > to work and compile in windows ?
>
> Sure.
>
> Is there any good reason that openblas should not be used by default?
>
> Are there any significant issues remaining?  Is it time to make the
> 3.8.1 binary available?

I have tested the print feature of gnuplot graphics_toolkit using octave-3.8.1
binary for windows downloaded from http://octave.osuv.de/3.8/windows/

octave:3> graphics_toolkit gnuplot
octave:4> fplot (@cos, [0, 2*pi])
octave:5> print -depsc cos.eps
warning: print.m: epstool binary is not available.
Some output formats are not available.
octave:6> print -dpng cos.png
octave:3> graphics_toolkit gnuplot
octave:4> fplot (@cos, [0, 2*pi])
octave:5> print -depsc cos.eps
warning: print.m: epstool binary is not available.
Some output formats are not available.
octave:6> print -dpng cos.png

Both cos.eps and cos.png have finite file size but do not have graphs.

Regards

Tatsuro