GSoc sisotool project

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: GSoc sisotool project
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:07:18 -0400

I have moved this to a new title

>Well I have been looking on the problem with rlocus and it seems to be the same >issue described here https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2012->March/050840.html the way it is currently being made makes it so that the window >is created with visible as off in the begining, after it is completely drawn it is turned >on, it seems fltk does not draw anything while the window is off changing line 288 >of rlocus.m from set (gcf,"visible","off"); to et (gcf,"visible","on"); fixes the issue and >makes it work on both gnuplot and fltk.

Yes it does, but it was turned off while all the changes were made to minimize the flickering of the screen.
 I thing a good compromise is to plot the graph and then turn visibility off for the rest of the changes.

    hplt = plot (args{:});
    set (gcf,"visible","off");
    set (hplt(kk--), "markersize", 2);

or add the axes command before we turn it off

    axes;
    set (gcf,"visible","off");
    hplt = plot (args{:});
    set (hplt(kk--), "markersize", 2);

Both of these seem to get rlocus working again.

>As of the project idea, am I going to be coding m files based on the ui functions that >already exist? because i understand an effort is being made to create a good gui >framework based on Qt, does this involve changing these ui functions to some that >implement Qt instead of fltk or gnuplot? or is it just focused on the main GUI? I ask >this because maybe I could help more in improving this ui functions than creating >some tool that might have to get migrated to some new ui functions in the future.>

I think the consensus is to use the uiXXX functions for now.

I think that there is lots of work to get the sisotool fully working, and this might include improving the uiXXX functions.

Doug

--
DASCertificate for 206392