Re: Matlab test requested

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Matlab test requested
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 22:22:06 -0400

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mar 30, 2014, at 8:57 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can anyone verify whether the callbacks 'windowbutton...' are executed when the mouse event occurs above a uicontrol? For instance, take the following:
>
> figure('windowbuttondownfcn', @(h,e) disp('down'), 'windowbuttonmotionfcn', @(h,e) disp('move'));
> uicontrol('position', [0 0 200 100]);
>
> Are the callbacks executed when the mouse is pressed and/or moved above the button?
>
> Michael.

"move" is displayed for mouse movement anywhere in the figure (including over the button).  "down" is displayed when the I click on the button, but not when I click on other areas of the figure.

That is unexpected, at least the "down" part. Does it make a difference if you create some plot in the figure, before adding the uicontrol? (the uicontrol should then appear on top of the plot)

Michael.