Re: Matlab test requested

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Matlab test requested
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 22:44:28 -0400

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mar 30, 2014, at 8:57 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can anyone verify whether the callbacks 'windowbutton...' are executed when the mouse event occurs above a uicontrol? For instance, take the following:
>
> figure('windowbuttondownfcn', @(h,e) disp('down'), 'windowbuttonmotionfcn', @(h,e) disp('move'));
> uicontrol('position', [0 0 200 100]);
>
> Are the callbacks executed when the mouse is pressed and/or moved above the button?
>
> Michael.

"move" is displayed for mouse movement anywhere in the figure (including over the button).  "down" is displayed when the I click on the button, but not when I click on other areas of the figure.

That is unexpected, at least the "down" part. Does it make a difference if you create some plot in the figure, before adding the uicontrol? (the uicontrol should then appear on top of the plot)

Scrap that. It's not unexpected at all. When a uicontrol has Enable set to "on" (the default), mouse press events do not trigger the windowbuttondownfcn callback. I've to refresh my memory.

Michael.