More XError woes

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: More XError woes
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 16:31:48 -0400

On CentOS 5.8, I noticed that there are still some XError messages
coming to the command window.  They seem to be related to missing
icons for menus.  The attached change seems to eliminate them.

I'm also still seeing messages like this

  Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
    Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
    Resource id:  0x0

in the terminal window where I start Octave.

I know that we redirected these messages from the command window by
dup-ing stderr prior to launching the GUI, so at least these are not
cluttering the GUI command window, but I'm wondering whether we can
eliminate them simply by defining some default Icons or making some
other change to Octave.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to find out
exactly which widgets are responsible.  Does anyone know how to
determine that?  If I set a breakpoint in XError, I can get a
traceback, but it's not very helpful to me because the object is just
a generic pointer to QWidget at that point, not a specific type of
widget.