Re: [RFC] Octave and internationalization

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [RFC] Octave and internationalization
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:45:17 -0400

On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 00:24 -0700, CdeMills wrote:

> a recurrent topic on this list and #octave is how to use accentuated
> letters and special symbols in Octave. I started a specific page on
> the wiki [1], stating the evolution of encoding, the main norms, how
> it works as of today, as well as plans for future development.

Since this is a discussion about Octave's development, it belongs in
the maintainers' list, not in the help list.

I'm a little excited that finally someone is thinking about doing
something about i18n in Octave, but I think you're severely
underestimating the amount of effort that it will take to get this
working properly. But hey, it has to start somewhere.

- Jordi G. H.