Re: SOCIS 2014

From: Marco Cecchetti
Subject: Re: SOCIS 2014
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:17:11 +0200

Il 14/04/2014 14:11, c. ha scritto:

On 14 Apr 2014, at 11:20, Marco Cecchetti <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,
I would like to know if your organization will apply for SOCIS this year.

Regards,
-- Marco

Wow, thanks for reminding us!
I just noticed the deadline is tomorrow!

http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis/?q=timeline

I would be inclined to apply but I wonder whether we have mentors
to deal with the students or we are all busy with GSoC ...

c.

Well, usually ESA allocates only one project per organization, so it should not be a too big effort to handle both GSoC and SOCIS. Maybe selecting a subset of projects more suitable for SOCIS could help to avoid to have some mentor being busy with several students and other mentors being idle. Just an idea of mine.

-- Marco