Re: odepkg install error on development version

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: odepkg install error on development version
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 12:19:07 +0100

On 28 April 2014 09:37, Richard Crozier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have built and installed the development sources (i can't do hg id right
> now, but it is a tip cloned freshly on Friday). When attempting to install
> odepkg from forge, i.e. running
>
> pkg install odepkg -forge
>
> I get errors, beginning with:
>
>>> pkg install odepkg -forge
>
> warning: creating installation directory /home/richard/octave
> warning: called from
>     install at line 30 column 5
>     pkg at line 384 column 9
> In file included from odepkg_octsolver_mebdfdae.cc:47:0:
> odepkg_auxiliary_functions.h:23:22: error: ?Octave_map? has not been
> declared
>    (std::string vnam, Octave_map vmap);
>                       ^
> odepkg_octsolver_mebdfdae.cc: In function ?octave_value_list Fodebda(const
> octave_value_list&, int)?:
> odepkg_octsolver_mebdfdae.cc:277:3: error: ?Octave_map? was not declared in
> this scope
>    Octave_map vodeopt;
>

> The full output is below. Is this something I should expect with the dev
> sources?

Yes. The Octave_map class has been deprecated in 3.8 and will be
removed in 4.2. If you install odepkg on 3.8 you should at least be
getting warnings about this.

Replacement classes are <octave_map> (struct array) or
<octave_scalar_map> for a single structure in case someone wants to
fix this after reading this.

Carnë