Re: Package for level-set method?

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Package for level-set method?
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 09:59:20 +0200

Hi!

On 2014-03-12 14:28, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> Very interesting!
>
> If you prepare a package and uploaded it somewhere I can check it and
> test the instalation. Best place would be bitbucket, github etc...

Finally, I can come back to your offer.  I've got the permission (and
actually, obligation) to publish the code under GPLv3 now from my
university.

For now, it is hosted on my own server, and can be checked out via

  git clone http://git.domob.eu/levelset.git

Since this is the first time I tried to create a package, it would be
cool if you or anyone else would look over it and check if I did
everything correctly.

I tried to annotate all functions extensively with help texts, tests and
demos.  As you can see in the TODO file, I'm planning to also move my
code for building triangle meshes (I'll use the msh package format) over
to the package.  This should give a relatively complete toolbox for
working with level-sets for various kinds of problems.  (Also, the
fastmarching and ls_signed_distance routines may be handy in more
general circumstances.)

If it looks good, what do I have to do to get this accepted into Octave
Forge?  I'll stick around as maintainer, as this is a core part of my
own research code.

When the package is integrated into Octave Forge, I can gladly write a
Wiki page with examples and descriptions in addition to the demos
present in the code (or presenting them with more explanations).

Thank you very much!  Yours,
Daniel

--
http://www.domob.eu/