Re: input validation in C++ internal functions

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: input validation in C++ internal functions
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 13:24:04 -0400

On Mon, 2014-05-05 at 16:39 +0100, Michael D. Godfrey wrote:
> On 05/05/2014 07:47 AM, Andreas Weber wrote:
> > In my humble optinion no function should segfault when accessible from
> > the octave interpreter.
> I am pretty sure that Jordi agrees with this, and it s a long-standing
> principle that Octave should never seg fault.

Yeah, it's a bug, although I consider it a minor one, since it's in
internal functions.

My complaint at the time was that almost none of the internal C++
functions do any argument-checking. I'm not against this sort of
patch, but I am against cluttering every internal C++ function with
argument-checking boilerplate code. Andy's patch in question at the
moment looks reasonable to me, but it's a stopgap around a larger
problem.

- Jordi G. H.