Re: Package for level-set method?

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Package for level-set method?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 08:25:45 +0200

Hi!

On 2014-05-09 01:43, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> The package looks good. I think when you have polish it a little bit
> (see below) is ready to be integrated into Octave Forge (@Carnë?)

Thank you very much for taking a look!

It would be great to have it in Octave Forge -- there are still some
things I want to improve over time (in particular, adding mesh building
capabilities), but I'd prefer to get it into Octave Forge as soon as
possible and then develop there further.

> Here my observations
> - What is __levelset_getdir.m for? If it is a private function you
> should install it inside the private folder.

It is a private function, but it is used in a demo.  (To locate the
"maze.png" file.)  As such, I think I can not move it to "private/",
since this seems not to be accessible from demos.  I found no better way
of locating the image file from within the demo, but if you have
suggestions, I'm open to change this.

> - The scripts in the repository demoAll and testAll fail in several
> cases. Some demos and tests cant find the functions geomElements,
> internal_init_narrowband and internal_fastmarching. I guess is just
> old names for functions you have in your package.

These functions should all be provided by the .oct files in src.  Did
you build them before running the demoAll and testAll scripts?

A single test is currently xfail'ed (related to the first issue in the
TODO file), but this is not a defect with respect to the functionality.
 (Rather, a temporary and undocumented extension which I need to work
around the problem in my own codes until I find the time to properly
improve the code in the package to make the workaround unnecessary.)
Everything else should work and all tests succeed.

Yours,
Daniel

--
http://www.domob.eu/