Re: Package for level-set method?

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Package for level-set method?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 12:18:15 +0200

Hi!

On 2014-05-09 11:44, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 8:25 AM, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Here my observations
>>> - What is __levelset_getdir.m for? If it is a private function you
>>> should install it inside the private folder.
>>
>> It is a private function, but it is used in a demo.  (To locate the
>> "maze.png" file.)  As such, I think I can not move it to "private/",
>> since this seems not to be accessible from demos.  I found no better way
>> of locating the image file from within the demo, but if you have
>> suggestions, I'm open to change this.
>>

> If it is a private function, why is a demo trying to call it directly?
> A private function should be called only from within other functions.
> Do you mean that functions cannot reach it?

What I'm trying to achieve is this:  For the demo, I need an example
image file to process (maze.png).  However, when this file is installed
in the package directory, I need to find out where exactly this is in
order to read the file successfully.

The "best" way to do that I found so far is to use mfilename() from a
function in the package directory (where also maze.png is installed).
This function is __levelset_getdir.

But if you know a better way to locate and read maze.png from within the
demo, please let me know.  I could of course ask the user to enter the
path to one of their own image files, but I think this makes the demo
too tedious as an example.

Yours,
Daniel

--