Re: Package for level-set method?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Package for level-set method?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 14:34:40 +0200

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
> As I see it, the remaining issue to fix is now the internal files.  I've
> left the Makefile untouched for now.  But when you know whether or not
> private architecture-dependent functions are possible, I will either

The issue with the hack it that it interferes with the standard
procedure we have to handle packages that compile functions. As it is
now, i.e. with the Makefile hack, it is not an Octave forge package,
because it fails when the user has its own "prefix" folder defined
(see pkg prefix option). You need to leave pkg handle the compiled
functions. We will see if we can make them private but for now just
let them go to the arch dependent folder and be public, just for now
(I see several packages using the "__" naming convention for private
compiled functions, so go ahead and do that for now!).

The issue with finding the folder is rather a missing feature of pkg.
It is implemented in new version, but we haven't merged it yet. In the
new version to get the folder of the package you just do

pkg ("describe","level-set"){1}.dir

Cheers