Re: Print failing when interacting with GS?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Print failing when interacting with GS?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:51:24 -0400

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 19:44:55 +0200, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to check if this is reproducible?
>> peaks(10)
>> print -dpng test.png
> GPL Ghostscript 9.10: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
>
> and no png is generated (or any device that uses Ghostscript)
>
> This happens in stable revision e5ab507687ee
> and default rev 38925538ec14
>
> I am running in Ubuntu 14.04 amd64 with (evidently) GS 9.10.

Hey, are you hitting either of these two bugs that I have hit again
and again building Octave or printing figures?

http://bugs.debian.org/662892
http://bugs.debian.org/732440

Both are due to certain fonts installed on your system. I think you
can check with (if I remember right):

  fc-list | grep -i 'awesome\|pagul'

Does this sound like what you see?

--