Re: Print failing when interacting with GS?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Print failing when interacting with GS?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 14:26:16 -0400

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 20:06:59 +0200, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> Indeed I see this bug

Great, glad that was it. I don't know if there is an Ubuntu bug
tracking this problem, it would not hurt to check and report one if
you are so inclined.

> And I have "/usr/share/fonts/opentype/font-awesome" in my system with
> several font faces.

It's actually in /usr/share/fonts/woff where the problem lies. The
opentype and truetype fonts are not a problem.

> Now, sorry for newbie, I have never done this. I tried removing
> "fonts-font-awesome", but apt-get would remove "texlive-fonts-extra"
> as well and
> sudo dpkg --remove fonts-font-awesome
> would not allow it either...do you have a workaround?

I agree, there is no way to apt-get remove the package the right way
without removing the TeX packages. The only workaround that has worked
for me is to simply delete the *.woff files. Unfortunately they do
return when the packages are updated (I'm on Debian testing), so this
bug returns and I have to delete them again. Eventually some new
ghostscript version will fix this. For now, I do

  sudo find /usr/share/fonts/woff -name \*.woff -exec rm -f {} +

HTH,

--
mike