Re: GSoC - fem-fenics project

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: Re: GSoC - fem-fenics project
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 10:54:36 +0200

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Eugenio Gianniti <address@hidden> wrote:

On 28 Apr 2014, at 08:02, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Eugenio Gianniti <address@hidden> wrote:

I introduced myself on the FEniCS project’s mailing list and set up my blog, here is the link:

Thanks for the blog and the post you have already written. Remember to update it weekly during the "coding period"!

I went through the documentation suggested, from tomorrow on I will look for a suitable function, unless you prefer to point out one you find important or useful to test my skills.

If you have already thought about a specific function we can discuss about it.
Otherwise you can give a look at the Function class [1] and see if you find any interesting functionality to add (operator+, interpolate or extrapolate,…).

I submitted a patch with the interpolate function [1]. Marco, may you please give me your feedback about it?
Eugenio

Hi Eugenio,

I gave a first look to the patch and it seems that you have done really a good job, congratulations!
Please add a short post on your blog explaining what you have done and also adding an example on how it is possible to use it.

We should also state clearly on your blog the goal for the mid.term and final evaluation, so please start to think about them.

we should provide you shortly writing access to the fem-fenics repository or a public hg repo (Jordi and Carne are deciding what it is better for us)

Marco