Re: Bugfixes in gui-release instead of default

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Bugfixes in gui-release instead of default
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 09:38:09 -0700

On 05/15/2014 09:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 08:35:55 +0200
> From: Julien Bect <address@hidden>
> To: Octave Maintainers <address@hidden>
> Subject: Bugfixes in gui-release instead of default
>
> Dear Maintainers,
>
> I have seen several simple but useful bugfixes go into the "default"
> branch recently...
>
> For instance, three changesets in the last 24 hours fixing open bugs
> related to the profiler.
>
> If I understand correctly what's going on, it means that these bug-fixes
> won't be able to us ordinary users until release 4.2 is out ?
>
> @++
> Julien

Julien,

The gui-release branch is really meant just for work on the GUI that will
become the 4.0 release.  However, two of the bugs meet the criteria for
critical bug fixes and were backported to the stable branch this morning
(probably simultaneously with your writing your e-mail).  The erroneous
blank line in profiler output is a regression and the interpreter should
never segfault for valid input which covers the other bug.  jwe has started
thinking about the next bug fix release already so it shouldn't be long
before the new code is released.

--Rik