Re: Bugfixes in gui-release instead of default

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Bugfixes in gui-release instead of default
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 02:34:11 -0700 (PDT)

Rik-4 wrote
> On 05/15/2014 09:00 AM,

> octave-maintainers-request@

>  wrote:
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 08:35:55 +0200
>> From: Julien Bect <

> julien.bect@

>> To: Octave Maintainers <

> octave-maintainers@

>> Subject: Bugfixes in gui-release instead of default

> 5374604B.9010700@

>> Dear Maintainers,
>>
>> I have seen several simple but useful bugfixes go into the "default"
>> branch recently...
>>
>> For instance, three changesets in the last 24 hours fixing open bugs
>> related to the profiler.
>>
>> If I understand correctly what's going on, it means that these bug-fixes
>> won't be able to us ordinary users until release 4.2 is out ?
>>
>> @++
>> Julien
>
> Julien,
>
> The gui-release branch is really meant just for work on the GUI that will
> become the 4.0 release.  However, two of the bugs meet the criteria for
> critical bug fixes and were backported to the stable branch this morning
> (probably simultaneously with your writing your e-mail).  The erroneous
> blank line in profiler output is a regression and the interpreter should
> never segfault for valid input which covers the other bug.  jwe has
> started
> thinking about the next bug fix release already so it shouldn't be long
> before the new code is released.
>
> --Rik

Just curious,

lately I saw two sets of merges in the log from stable to gui-release and
then gui-release back to stable (changesets 18695:7c78430535db and
18761:dff05c124017)
Earlier on it would be stable -> gui-release followed by gui-release ->
default.

Is it just cosmetic (typo)? I suppose so as the default branch parent was a
very recent changeset.

Philip