Re: [fem-fenics] interpolate

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: Re: [fem-fenics] interpolate
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 13:55:13 +0200

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Eugenio Gianniti <address@hidden> wrote:

On May 19, 2014 12:58 PM, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Eugenio Gianniti <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> I added a new post [1] with an example and submitted a second patch [2] adding a Python-like interface. Let me know what you think of it.
>>
>> Eugenio
>>

> Hi Eugenio,
>
> thank you very much for your post, it explains well the new function (next time please add also a plot so that it is more colorful).
>
> About the second version of your code:
> 1) it is really good, congrats!
> 2) I would change only the order of the input parameter:
>    - first argument the function or the _expression_ that has to be interpolated
>    - 2nd argument the functionspace or the function where the first argument has to be interpolated
> I think you used something different in order to be compliant with the c++ and the python interface at the same time, but it is a little bit counterintuitive!
> What do you think about it?

Since the python interface is already established I would leave the functionspace in second place, as it is. I can move the function on which to interpolate as you suggest, for the C++ interface uses a class method, hence it is different also with current order.

Perfect, it seems to be the most reasonable idea.
Marco

Eugenio