Re: [fem-fenics] ufl.m

From: Eugenio Gianniti
Subject: Re: [fem-fenics] ufl.m
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 13:53:06 +0000

On 21 May 2014, at 15:20, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 21 May 2014, at 14:58, Eugenio Gianniti <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear Marco, and all,

I attach the ufl.m function I have previously mentioned for review. I still have to edit something, namely on line 45 a check for the .ufl file extension is performed with a case insensitive matching, but I should ensure with a couple more instructions that the lower case version is used, as in the functions that compile the .oct files for the problem at hand.

There is also an issue due to a bug present in the stable version currently distributed, but solved in the development version. I also attach script.m, containing basically the Poisson.ufl of the homonymous example, but with ufl in first position. I noticed that my function works as I expect with the simpler lines, but Octave errors out when trying to execute the second and the ninth (I added comments to highlight those lines). This happens only in the stable release, on the other hand the development version goes on without complaining. Here is the error:

script
parse error near line 2 of file /Users/eugenio/tests/script.m

syntax error

ufl element = FiniteElement("Lagrange", triangle, 1)

How should I proceed with respect to this behaviour?

Eugenio

Eugenio,

Please share you code in the form of changesets
through the patch tracker, rather than sending them
to the list.

c.

Ok, here is the link to the changeset on the patch tracker:
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?8468