Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 17:21:16 -0700 (PDT)

PhilipNienhuis wrote
> Have you checked if U:\.octave_hist  exists and is writable?
>
> I remember similar behavior from older Octave versions (> 3-4 years ago)
> that put the history file in a read-only location; IIRC JWE fixed
> something related ~ 2 years back.
>
> You could try to change the history file to some other location (put that
> command in .octaverc), that helped me.
>
> Philip

After fixing the location of the home folder, so that it is writable, it
eliminated the "error: writing file 'U:\.octave_hist': No such file or
directory" (when running from home, my home folder is is not available
unless I log in) it did not eliminate the segfault.

0x68a807c0 in liboctinterp-2!_ZN5ArrayIdED2Ev ()  from
C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.1\bin\liboctinterp-2.dll