Re: Suggesting ideas for Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Suggesting ideas for Octave
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 09:54:10 -0400

On Mon, 2014-05-26 at 09:50 +0100, Rafid Khalid wrote:
> I would like to know more about this, like the range of number of
> hours per week contributors usually spend on projects, and other
> stuff.

That's for you to decide. There is enough work to occupy an army of
hackers fulltime. If you decide to chip away at a fraction of that
work, that would also be helpful.

> Just a question here on the symbolic computing project, why was GiNaC
> for the new package? I noticed that it wasn't maintained since 2011!

Because it's not new. The current symbolic package was written over
ten years ago and it never has done anything very interesting. We have
stopped listing it as a viable package, I believe.

- Jordi G. H.