Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 09:29:49 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel Sebald wrote
> Before saying more, could you pinpoint the occurrence of the error more?

The segfault occurs when exiting Octave after a call inread. it doesn't
occur when exiting imread

Daniel Sebald wrote
> Since it is referring to a header file, my guess is that something about
> an in-line function is failing.  Check what your line 243 is in Array.h.
>   Here, it looks like this destructor:
>
>    virtual ~Array (void)
>    {
>      if (--rep->count == 0)
>        delete rep;
>    }

My array.h looks the same

Daniel Sebald wrote
> /* Define to 1 to use atomic operations for reference counting. */
> /* #undef USE_ATOMIC_REFCOUNT */
>
> and report back?  Or somehow figure out from the contents of your
> config.log file what exactly the value of USE_ATOMIC_REFCOUNT is?  If
> atomic reference counting is on, turn it off--or vice versa.

If I have the correct config.h
(/mxe-octave/octave/mxe-octave/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/include/octave-3.8.1/octave)
then my code as above.

Is it best to make the change directly to the include file or somewhere else
and le configure set it appropriately?