Re: [OF] Gold codes in communication pkg?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: [OF] Gold codes in communication pkg?
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 20:02:15 +0200

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 1 June 2014 13:08, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I was checking the communication package. Is there a function to
>> generate Gold codes (or maximum length sequences)?
>> If not I could contribute such (simple) function.
>
> Would be nice if you could make a Matlab compatible version of such
> function [1]. This would make it dependent on a development version of
> Octave since it will require classdef.
>
> Carnë
>
> [1] http://www.mathworks.co.uk/help/comm/ref/comm.goldsequence-class.html

How exactly do you suggest to proceed to make something compatible?
That is an object not a function, as was my offer.

Even if one provides an option parser that accepts and works more or
less similarly, this will still be completely not-portable, since
other methods are needed for the generation and administration of the
sequence.