Re: undefined compound chaining behavior

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: undefined compound chaining behavior
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 11:06:36 +0100

On 13/06/2014 11:00, Hossein Sajjadi wrote:

Ahh, I see, sorry, could you give me the link again to the Octave C++
source code where this undefined behaviour statement occurs?

Richard

The code is very complicated and  very long.
There is no need to search the code to find where the undefined behavior occurs.

You could try grep, and since you are saying the behaviour occurs, I think it's up to you to show where.

 From behavior of octave we can conclude about structure behind the += operator.
It is actually the same operator as c++ or is a function  such as :

Demonstratably not true, e.g.

a = [ 1, 2, 3]

a += 1;

is clearly different from the C++ operator which does not operate on matrices.

If we assume that the += operator is the so mentioned function, again
undefined behavior takes place.

====
-Hossein

It is this assumption which is wrong.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.