A problem with range objects and floating point numbers

From: Julien Bect
Subject: A problem with range objects and floating point numbers
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 22:28:05 +0200

Hello all,

I would like to bring the following bug report to your attention :

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42589

A simple example of the regression described in this report is the following :

    octave:1> (9:10) * .1 - 1
    ans =

       -1.0000e-01    2.7756e-17

The second element should be 0.

Rik thinks that this bug might be hard to solve... which is why I'm bringing this up on this list :)

@++
Julien